After an entire year of hard work and commitment, the day of the exam has finally arrived. It is normal for aspiring candidates to feel nervous and anxious a day before the exam. With less than 24 hours left for the exam, candidates should not let all the nervousness creep its way into their head. There is a way to avoid the nervousness and the jitters. But mostly just remember what you have studied and keep your spirits up. It is understandable the all the while preparing and practising hours for the exam; one can feel the stress building up too much.
We list down all the things one should do a day before appearing for IES/ESC prelims exam:
- With one day to go, make sure you have everything necessary for your exam ready. From pens (one black, one blue, pencil, and another stationary item that you might need) to hall ticket or admission card, make sure you have them in hard copy. Buy yourself some light snack and juice that you can carry with yourself to the exam centre. If you require any medicines, make sure you take them with you to the exam centre.
- Do some light revision. Going hard on revision will make you even more anxious. You have prepared for an entire year for this exam, and you are more than ready to appear and give your best. Trust yourself and your hard work.
- Look up the examination centre online and check the distance on the maps online. Calculate the time it will take you to reach the exam centre and plan your time table accordingly. It is a good idea to make sure you reach the exam hall 15 minutes earlier. If you are taking your vehicle to the exam centre, make sure it is properly fuelled.
- When revising, make sure you go through your handwritten notes. If you come across something that you cannot recall, just leave it and move on. Do not panic over a topic. It is a good idea not to try learning anything new. Revising what you have prepared is a good approach.
- Avoid eating outside food. Outside food is made from various spices and oil. It can give you an upset stomach, and it is not a good idea to fall sick on the day of the exam. Alternatively, eat light and healthy food.
- Get proper rest a day before the exam. Getting proper sleep of eight to ten hours is necessary to keep your hear clear and light. One can think and focus more clearly when your brain is refreshed.
- Avoid talking to friends or looking at the IAS exam chat rooms. Your friends might be appearing for the exam along with you. Engaging in the conversation around exam and preparation can only make you more nervous. Avoid it and keep calm.
- Listening to soft music will help you relax. One day before the exam when your nerves are shot up, soothing music can calm you down. Listen to your favourite song or watch the episode of your favourite series, anything to keep you relaxed.
- To keep your spirits up, it is a good idea to read motivations quotes. It can help you feel motivated and stay positive.
- Try to keep the entire negative though away from your mind. The thought of giving up and not appearing for the exam will not help you. You have prepared for the entire year. You will do well; just keep your head in the right space and your outlook positive.